Monday, April 7, 2014



Everyone, meet Jill.  Jill was a great young lady and is a great person,  today.  During the school year when she was my student, Jill entered and won the Kentucky Junior Miss competition.  Because of this, Jill was able to compete on the national level against girls from other states.

When she arrived they gave her a roommate assignment.  Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to which state her roommate hailed?  You're right, she was a proud inhabitant of NORTH DAKOTA.  Jill, of course, related to her roommate my claims about the mythical North Dakota and it was discussed between them.   

When Jill returned to school on Monday, the first thing she told me was the fact of her North Dakota roommate.  Of course, I had to deny that it was true.  I'm sure I used a number of rationalizations such as, her roommate was a liar, Jill was a liar, Jill's roommate only thought that she lived in North Dakota, the whole weekend never happened and Jill dreamed it all, etc.  All done in good fun.  

Jill taught for some time in Texas before returning to the bluegrass.  Welcome back, Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment