Tuesday, July 22, 2014

One of my students, Jill, was winner of the Kentucky Junior Miss Pageant and qualified to represent the state in national competition. She was and, I assume is still, a wonderful singer and a great personality. She did not receive the national titles but we were very proud of her. a year of two later I was playing on a softball team that was mixed men and women and it was held at one of the local YMCA sites. While walking to the playing field for our first game with a friend who was also on the team, I saw a beautiful young woman running across the field and threw her arms around me and told me how nice it was to see me. It was Jill, who was now working at the "Y" between college years. We talked a while and my friend stood and watched with a strange look on his face. Later on the bench he kept nudging me and finally I asked him what he wanted. He asked who that stunning young lady was and why she was hugging me on a softball field. I simply replied that she was the former Kentucky Junior Miss. I later explained. I eventually quit that team because the men were batting natural and not opposite of the their natural side, left v right, and I found it to be dangerous for some of the less experienced women.

No comments:

Post a Comment